Forth and Tay members
Cargo Handling, Crane,Plant & Personnel Hire
Business type: Cargo Handling, Crane & Plant Hire, Personnel Provision & Storage
Contact: John Mullen, Managing Director
Address: Harbour Office, South Quay, Ferryden, Montrose DD10 9SL
Countries worked in: UK
We are a well established Cargo Handling Company based in the Port of Montrose. As well as cargo handling we offer crane & plant hire, provide personnel and offer storage covered & open in the Port of Montrose and in our 2 separate Broomfield Industrial Estate Montrose Facilities. We can and have handled most commodities that are both discharged and loaded to vessels. Commodities include Oil Related Cargo, Mooring Chain, Anchors and accessories ( both oil & gas & offshore wind ), Pipes, Stone, Fertilisers, Barley, OSR, Wheat, Oats, Wind Turbine Components etc, basically any commodity by sea. Although based in the Port of Montrose we also operate in the Ports of Dundee, Aberdeen, Rosyth, Leith, Inverness, Invergordon, Peterhead & Fraserburgh. We currently operate to the following standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 , ISO 45001, TASCC, 1st Point, Achilles, CPA, Hellios & Construction Line.
Established supplier with significant experience supplying the sector
- CAPEX - Turbine Services: Shoreside Lifting Services
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: Civils support services including plant hire & QS services
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: O&M Port and Logistics
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Vessel repairs and liftout services
Good capacity and some experience in supplying the sector
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: Buildings & other facilities management & security
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: General Lay Down Areas & Installation Support Services
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: Marine Coordination or Shipping Services
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Storage of Strategic Spares/Lay Down Areas
Capabilities to supply, but no/limited experience in the sector
- DEVEX - Project Management & QA Services: Asset Management and Inventory Control
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: Offshore Labour Services
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Marine Operations
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Onshore Accommodation & Transport services
Whyte Cargo were contracted by InterMoor ( part of the Acteon group ) to provide crane, plant and cargo handling services in the Port of Montrose for the moorings in respect of the Alba Offshore Wind Project.
Contract type: Provision of Cranes & Plant, Cargo Handling, Personnel & Storage within the Port of Montrose.
Whyte Cargo liaised with all aspects of the project at the out-set, careful planning and co-ordination with asset deliveries, time-frames and load-out operations. Preparing all Method Statements, Risk Assessments etc. Liaising with Montrose Port Authority in relation to storage, berth availability, vessel movements and work scope.
Various projects based in the Port of Montrose for onshore wind. Clients including Enercon, Gamesa, Vestas and Nordex. Discharging , Storage and re-loading of Turbine components within the Port of Montrose.
Contract type: Provision of Cranes, Plant, Storage, Personnel & Cargo Handling Operations
Discharging Wind Turbine Components within the Port of Montrose. Transporting & unloading to storage areas, re-loading to transport for onward delivery to site.