Forth and Tay members
Harry Maiden Ltd
Business type: Engineering
Contact: H. Gordon Maiden, Managing Director
Address: Croft Road, Montrose DD10 9NL
Countries worked in: Scotland
We are a fifth generation family business, certified to ISO 9001, over 100 years old, we specialise in steel fabrication, repair work and welding, We have experience in fabricating to DNV 2.7-1, mostly lifting frames and containers for offshore use, Our offices and workshop are located right next to the South Quay at Montrose Port Authority. Sea fastening is also undertaken by the company.
We work to a lot of local companies, a large customer is the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, oil companies NOV, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Forum and construction companies.
Capabilities to supply, but no/limited experience in the sector
- Pre-Construction Development Phase (DEVEX): Front End Engineering & Design Studies
- DEVEX - Project Management & QA Services: Specialist tools, parts, PPE, lifesaving, chandlery
- CAPEX - Turbine Services: Steel Tower Supply or Construction Services
- CAPEX - Turbine Services: Shoreside Engineering Services
- CAPEX - Turbine Services: Shoreside Lifting Services
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: Port facilities for Construction Support Vessels including Cable Lay vessels
Ambitions to diversify in the sector
- CAPEX - Balance of Plant - Manufacture / Supply Services: General Lay Down Areas & Installation Support Services
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Storage of Strategic Spares/Lay Down Areas
- OPEX - Operations & Maintenance: Vessel repairs and liftout services
To put a structural steel pitched roof on top of a existing flat roof building within a restricted work area.
Contract type: Striuctural steelwork
Value: £110,000.00 (steelwork part only)
To supply, fabricate, galvanise and erect approximately 20 tonnes of structural steelwork on top of a building with staff continuing to work within the building, height of roof being approximately 20 metres.
Lifting frames for oilfield equipment to work throughout the world
Contract type: Steel fabrication.
To design, apply for DNV approval, supply, fabricate, load test, blast clean, paint and deliver approximately 20 no. lifting frames to DNV 2.7-1